Saturday 23 November 2013

A LOVE AFFAIR WITH PEDRO MIRALLES

Although the title may imply it to some; this is not confession hour and I have not actually had a love affair with a man called Pedro Miralles!

Pedro Miralles is a superbly crafted, expertly sourced Spanish footwear brand that I have recently discovered through my many trips to Hoad Shoes in Sevenoaks, Kent. Having incredibly narrow feet (standard is a 'D' width, I am a 'B') and being in the age that we are where the normal is now average to wide I really struggle finding shoes that don't slip on the heel - que numerous distressing shopping trips and trying on sessions! As you can imagine, discovering the beautiful collection by Pedro Miralles and trying on the superb selection and them ACTUALLY FITTING oh my heart skipped a beat!

(Just a note - although I have always struggled to find shoes that fit, if you looked in my shoe collection you would have trouble believing my claim!)

So far I have acquired three beautifully made pairs of Pedro Miralles shoes (all pictured below).


Say hello to my first pair of Pedro's - patent camel pumps with gold buckle detail. To me these scream sophistication - a classic cut with slightly more heel than you would expect from an every day pump make these perfect for dressier occasions, work or casual events. 



Number two - a fabulous sale purchase (if I do say so myself!) again another classic model black patent court shoes. The almond toe shape, thick platform and patent finish make these a timeless piece of footwear beauty.


Pair number three - coral sling back pumps. Once again the gold detailing, Cuban style heel and contrast stitching to the upper create a stylish and (I'm going to say it again) beautiful looking shoe.

My love for Pedro Miralles shoes began with the fact that they are a perfect fit for me but really took off with the attention to detail and classic styles which are transformed from your generic every day shoe with the addition of perfectly chosen colour palettes, material finishes and interesting trims. 

Next up on my Pedro Miralles lust list are these stunning burgundy knee high heeled boots and the black loafer-esq pumps.


I love the deep rich tone of this boot would look utterly fabulous for an evening alternative to court shoes; the finish of the leather ensures this boot doesn't dress down any outfit ensemble.


I love a classic loafer/moccasin style (who doesn't?!)  these are loosely based around them keeping elements such as the tassel and toe shape but dress it up by adding the contrast patent block heel and rich suede uppers. 

I think Pedro and I will have a lasting relationship although I believe my bank account will protest profusely!



1 comment:

  1. Those are stunning shoes!! Very beautiful. Shoes never fit me really...I have small feet and their a bit narrow and one is a touch bigger than the other, so I hate shoe shopping. But, these look stunning!! xx

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete